Selinda Accommodation we like!
The Selinda accommodation options in the area are of the best! Selinda Camp is in the 300,000 acres Selinda Reserve and is built on a wooded island on the banks of the Selinda Spillway close to where the Linyanti, Savuti and Kwando Rivers come together.
- The camp offers a maximum of 8 luxury tented rooms under thatch.
- Main lounge and dining area has raised decks under thatched roof offering incredible views over the flood plains and savannas.
- The views are astounding and wildlife is a constant feature of the camp.
- Very high level of hospitality with extreme attention to detail. The camp has a friendly and relaxed ‘home from home’ atmosphere.
- Guests can travel out at midday to enjoy a siesta at one of the hides
- Short or full morning guided walks by arrangement
The camp was completely rebuilt in 2007, with Beverly and Dereck Joubert (five time Emmy award winning wildlife filmmakers) taste and style evident throughout the camp.
Because of Selinda’s situation we advise guest to try and spend at least three nights in the camp.
Rates from: $683 – $1099 pppn (FB)
Selinda is a camp up there among the best! Ask us how you can get there!
Last, but by no means least in our Selinda accommodation recommendations is Zarafa Camp is a small four roomed luxury tented camp also located in the Selinda Reserve.
- This camp has one of the most spectacular sites of any camp in southern Africa
- Every part of the camp overlooks the beautiful flood plains of the Zibadianja Lagoon.
- Wildlife, particularly elephant, is a common sight in front of and in camp.
- Built under giant jackalberry and ebony trees, the camp is shady and cool.
- Only recycled hardwoods and canvas was used in the construction and all the camps electricity (24/7) comes from its solar farm and a system of batteries and inverters.
- Every guest tent has its own comfortable lounge, private pool, copper baths, indoor and an outdoor shower with amazing view.
Zarafa has to be the most “atmospheric” camp in Botswana! If you want to experience truly the best of the best – this is the place!
Rates from: $1149 – $1384 pppn (FB)
Want to know more? Click here